Your Christmas tree is a living plant and needs to be treated as such. Here are a few guideling to help you get the most from your tree this Season.
• Always place your tree away from a direct source of heat i.e. a radiator, open fire etc.
• Leave your Christmas tree outside until you are ready to put it up and decorate.
• Before standing the tree, carefully scape the bottom of the trunk with a sharp knife as this will help it absorb water and help reduce dehydration.
• Large trees require a pint of water a day so make sure you keep your tree hydrated – either fill your stand with water and replenish as required or keep a large bowl of water near your tree.
• Always think of safety at Christmas. Unplug tree lights before watering the tree, before going to bed and whenever the tree is unattended.
• Avoid hitting off and interfering with your tree once decorated. This will ensure that it retains its needles for longer. Don’t have the plug behind the treeas you will have to come in contact each time you turn lights on or off